Associate Membership may be granted to the following:
- Postgraduates registered as continuing students who are not considered as Full Members
- Students of the Department of Lifelong Learning
- Occasional students, or those on courses of less than 15 weeks
- Individuals attending the University on a regular basis for research or study
- Partners of Full Members
- Members of a registered Students' Union Society
- Students studying at the University of Sheffield International College
How to Apply
Print out the application form and return it, with 2 passport-sized photographs, to the Students' Union Welcome Desk. Application Forms are also available at the Welcome Desk.
The fee is £10. Associate Membership is issued from 1st August to 31st July each year; membership is renewable on an annual basis.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
Associate Members will be issued with a membership card. The card is invalid without both a photograph, a valid signature of the member.
Proof of ID (e.g. driving licence, passport or similar) must be submitted with the application form.
Associate Members may be required to show their membership card, as proof of membership, and must surrender it to an Officer or employee of the Students' Union on demand. Replacement cards will cost £5.
Associate Membership can be withdrawn or suspended in accordance with the Students' Union complaints and disciplinary regulations.
Associate Members are entitled to participate in such activities, and use such facilities, of the Students' Union as are determined by Students' Union Council or other Committee of the Students' Union.
Currently, Associate Membership entitles access* to:
- Students' Union building, including use of bars, retail and catering outlets
- Purchase of tickets (plus one guest ticket)
- Attendance at Student's Union organised events and activities (including events and activities organised by Representative and Working Committees)
- Society Membership
* Access to any services or facilities may be limited due to age or licensing restrictions.
Associate Membership does NOT give access to:
- Participation in Students' Union government – including membership of Representative, Working or Society Committees.
- Use of welfare, development or training programmes or other support services (e.g. Student Advice Centre, HEAR, Women's Minibus etc.)
- Participation in community volunteering or fundraising activities or any other similar activity or service for reasons of safeguarding.
- Delivering services or activities organised by Representative or Working Committees (e.g. Nightline, Forge Media etc.)
- Free room or venue hire.
- Membership to the University of Sheffield or access to University facilities.