Departmental/AcademicJoin This Group
Welcome to the University of Sheffield Economics Society!
The only Official Student Society for the University of Sheffield Department of Economics, we are here for all students of the Department.
We play an active role in organizing academic & social events for Economics students, oversee student representation and provide various other opportunities to those who wish to get more involved with their department.
We will endeavour to bring in top-quality speakers to the University of Sheffield, sharing expert knowledge on some of the most important economic issues of this era.
Through our partnerships we hope to offer unparalleled opportunities to enhance your employability, through exclusive VIRTUAL Workshops, Presentations, Mock Interviews, Assessment Centres and One-to-One Support.
This year’s committee is exceedingly strong, and we are always looking for new people to get involved. We are very keen to continue to keep the society open to all students and will be looking to fill the existing role of Freshers Representative at the beginning of the year.
Whether your interest be in Marketing, Academic Events, Socials, Journalism, Internal and Alumni Relations, Treasury, External Relations or just a pure interest in the subject, our Society seeks to provide support for any students wanting to take a more active role in the Department. Not only this, but it is also a great way to make friends, meet fellow students and engage with members of staff outside class.
· 1 Year Membership for £15
· 3 Year Memberships for £20
· Lifetime Memberships for £30
Your Membership includes:
· TOP ACADEMIC EVENTS: With the support of our partners, we organise frequent and high quality events year-round to give our members real-world insights and valuable support in their future endeavours.
· MEMORABLE SOCIAL EVENTS: We offer members a platform to meet, socialise and build their network through hosting a wide range of popular social events every term.
· LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES: Unique talks, debates and round-table discussions enhance the academic experience of our members. Our goal is to bring in top-quality speakers to share their interesting research, and also their expert knowledge on economics issues.
· INTERNAL AND ALUMNI RELATIONS: The Sheffield Economics Society acts as the bridge between the Undergraduates, Postgraduates, and the Department. We aim to build bonds and promote interaction between the student body and the department.
For further information, comments and suggestions email us at email@example.com or go to www.sheffieldeconomicssociety.com. For the social media savvy, we are active on Twitter at twitter.com/SheffUniEconSoc, on Facebook @sheffieldeconsoc and on Instagram @sheffieldeconsoc.
Check out our newly launched website!
All of our clubs and societies are run by a committee.
A committee is a team of people that lead, organise and publicise a group within your Students' Union.
It can be really rewarding as well as being a great way to gain experience and invaluable skills for your future career.