8th June 2020

10 Year Rule

If you have been living in the UK continuously for 10 years you may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence). You will need to show that you were living lawfully in the UK by holding a visa and must not have been absent from the UK for more than a total of 540 days over the 10 year period and no absences of more than 6 months. You will also need to take a Life in the UK Test. Find out more about the requirements. Your application will need careful preparation to ensure success and you can get help from our advisers by booking an appointment.