- Quality and specialist advice
- Advocacy, support and representation
- Confidential, independent and non-judgemental service
- Regular and up to date communications on their case
- Up to date and comprehensive self-help tools (leaflets and website)
Student Advice Centre Service Standards
In order to provide a quality service, we keep a record of all enquiries. This is so that we can check the advice we give and monitor how the service is being used. Our records may also be audited to make sure that we are doing our job properly.
All information is kept securely and confidentially. We will not give out any information about you without your permission. If you don’t want us to keep your information, please tell the adviser.
The main aim of the Student Advice Centre is to provide a high quality, professional, free and confidential advice, support and representation service to all University of Sheffield students.
If you have any comments, suggestions or a complaint about the service provided you can speak to any of the staff in the Student Advice Centre or to the Welfare Officer in the Students’ Union Sabbatical Office.