We want our students to have safe nights out so we do the things that ensure you remember them for all the right reasons. You can get free water from all our bars, we have zero tolerance of sexual harassment, and our security team are trained to the highest standards. We also run both a Safe Taxi Scheme and Women's Minibus service to ensure you get home safe and sound.
Have a night out to remember for the right reasons
- Check you have what you need: Mobile phone (charged), money, keys, condom. You can also get safety alarms from our Student Advice Centre.
- Eat before you head out for the night
- Pace yourself when out drinking & know your limits. You can get free water from any of our bars.
- Think before you accept a drink from anyone make sure you see it either poured or opened.
- Never leave a drink unattended. If you go to the toilet take your drink with you.
- Avoid confrontation. It’s better and safer to walk away.
- Report harassment of any kind to our friendly SU Security – we have a zero tolerance policy.
- Look after your new friends - don't leave them behind
- Get home safe: Take a taxi, our Women’s Minibus, or if you have run out of money use our Safe Taxi Scheme