Room Bookings and Rehearsals

  • If your society or committee needs to book a space (e.g. for a meeting or rehearsal) then there are spaces that you can book for free at the Students' Union or University. Book early to get your preferred your times/dates. Visit Bookable Spaces for details on the spaces available and how to book them.
  • If you're struggling to get spaces in the Students' Union or University, you could consider looking at local halls/venues. Spaces can be cheap but you should ensure that your society or committee can afford the hire, for example by charging a ticket price for your activities or events. You can find details of these spaces by visiting Sheffield Help Yourself.
  • Remember, if you're inviting an external trainer/instructor to teach a class, they must have their own public liability insurance (your committee should check their insurance certificate). If you have any questions, or want the certificate double-checked, just contact
  • If you're inviting an external speaker to your event or activity then please follow the guidance on External Speakers