Page:Translation of documents

Translation of documents

Last modified: 12/08/16

If you need to submit any documents not originally in English with your visa application you will need to provide a certified translation.  The UK visa rules require you to provide a professional translation  which includes:

  • details of the translator/translation company’s credentials; and
  • confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document; and
  • the translator/translation company’s contact details.

It must also be dated and include the original signature of the translator or an authorised
official of the translation company.

If the translation does not meet all the requirements it is likely that your application will be refused.

If you need to get a translation done of a document whilst in the UK make sure that you use a professional company which understands the above requirements.  There are companies such as Translate my doc which specialise in UKVI certified translations.