Develop and support a range of student-led activities
- Ensure that a regular programme of activities is available.
- Support and oversee the work of the Societies Committee in ensuring societies are as effective, resourceful and financially sound as possible.
- Oversee and advise Societies Committee in approving new societies and reviewing societies’ expenditure applications.
- Oversee volunteering activities for students, including by being an active member of Sheffield Volunteering Board.
- Oversee fundraising, and other activities in support of charities, advising students who want to hold charitable appeals.
Represent the interests of student-led activities and projects
- Work with University and SU staff to ensure recognition of the contribution and skills of students participating in activities.
Lead on the development of inclusion and access improvements
- Work with Societies Committee and relevant staff, ensure activities are well promoted to students, including through an Activities Fair (or equivalent) during Intro Week.
- Working with the Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Service, ensure inter-faith initiatives and activities are organised and promoted.
Shared responsibilities (all officers):
- Be an active member of the Student Executive Committee (SEC), overseeing SU direction and student representation as a whole.
- Oversee SU policies and how they are turned into action.
- Campaign for the rights and interests of students, locally or nationally.
- Uphold the SU’s democratic processes, including by upholding decisions taken by Referenda and by reporting to SU Council on progress and key issues.
- Support and develop liberation access.
You can find a full description of responsibilities for all Officers in Sheffield Students’ Union Bye-Law 4.