Represent and promote the views and interests, of International students
- Represent international students, working with the SU and University to promote their interests, views and welfare.
- Support national societies, including by holding National Societies Forum meetings.
- Support and promote the work of the International Students’ Committee (ISC).
- Liaise with other SUs, NUS and UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs) to promote the interests of international students.
Develop and support activities that improve the welfare of International students
- Working with the Advice Centre, ensure international students are well supported.
- Oversee the organisation of events, services and activities for international students, actively reviewing and developing them. This includes activities in residences.
Lead on the development of activity to include international students in University life.
- Oversee the organisation of cultural events. This usually includes World Week, International Cultural Evening and World Food Festival.
- Champion inclusive learning and teaching, working with the University and Education Officer to develop teaching practices which reflect and celebrate internationalism.
- Promote internationalisation and the benefits of a global and diverse community.
- Support integration between different nationalities on campus.
Shared responsibilities (all officers):
- Be an active member of the Student Executive Committee (SEC), overseeing SU direction and student representation as a whole.
- Oversee SU policies and how they are turned into action.
- Campaign for the rights and interests of students, locally or nationally.
- Uphold the SU’s democratic processes, including by upholding decisions taken by Referenda and by reporting to SU Council on progress and key issues.
- Support and develop liberation access.
You can find a full description of responsibilities for all Officers in Sheffield Students’ Union Bye-Law 4.